Thursday, October 16, 2014

Am I "Adding to the Noise"?

Recently, I decided to take a sabbatical from G+.  The Lord was revealing to me, that I was putting too much of my everything into that little tiny bell.  To be honest, I was making it my god.  So I stepped away, and when I did so many opportunities to worship Jesus entered my life.  Plus... I am not putting my life in danger anymore driving down the road checking in on my stream.  Without constantly checking into my social media, I have had time to be present, and do the things that I want to do.  Like... read a book, read THE BOOK, take time to pray, time to reconnect with my kids, time to be present and share the Gosepl with my coworkers, time to send a word of encouragement to my dad.  Time so precious, I had no idea I was sacrificing it the way I was.

So here is the rub..  Why post this?  Why still write a blog, am I a stumbling block to my brother or sister?  I may be.  I still don't know how to handle that.  I know I have been called ot minister, I have been called to lead folks back to Jesus, I have been called to digitally disciple brothers, and to ensure sisters are doing the same.

The lead singer of Switchfoot was going through these same questions as he penned "Adding to the Noise".  Check out the video, lyrics are including.  (And this was before Social Net).  



So I ask, am I adding to the noise?  If so, please log off, log out and run, run, run.  Your relationship with Jesus Christ is more important that anything else.  "Give us this day..."  

...so we can spend it being social?

No comments:

Post a Comment